Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Need some advise on getting rid of swelling in my calvs.?

About 10 years ago I had a severe dvt in my right leg, from my ankle to my groin, and 3 pulmonary embloli in the lungs. 3 years later had another blood clot in the same leg and 2 years later had one in my left calf. Since then I've been put in a regiment of 10mg of warifarin to keep me at 2-3 on my INR. I use anti emboli compression socks on both legs. My question is, is there a medical procedure I can have done to remove the damaged veins/valves in my leg to permanently reduce the swelling. I've gotten alot of varicose veins from the swelling in the past 10 years. I've also gotten into bodybuilding, so if there's not a medical procedure, is there an excises I can do to reduce the swelling. I'd like my calves to back to normal size and wear shorts again. I've heard of the cosmetic laser thingy you can have done to remove varicose veins. But due to my blood problem I'm worried they will just come back and wont fix the big issue of swelling. All advise is welcome. Thank you for your help.

No comments:

Post a Comment